My Foodie Box is a Perth, Western Australian-owned and operated meal kit service. Their weekly eco-friendly boxes contain locally sourced ingredients with recipes that must be cooked by hand by the customer using the pre-ordered menus included in the box.
My Foodie Box has identified some pain points that cause poor user experience. Hence, the owners would like to take this opportunity to review the website and application to enhance the potential and improve existing customer's experience with "My Foodie Box".
Understand the challenge - user research
Based on the enquiries and feedback that the support received and based on observing visitor behaviour on the site through Hotjar and Google Analytics, we have learnt the following issues that the user encounters.
Paint points - what we discovered
- A lot of members were not able to find the right page to place an order, since the same navigation is used for both visitors and members.
- The customer account details are difficult to update - this caused the users frustration and increased burden on the customer support team.
- Potential customers were frustrated during the sign-up process because they only found out My Foodie Box does not deliver to their address at the very last step. Furthermore, an extra fee applied when the user chose delivery which most of the customers were not aware of.
- 72% of our customers interact on the My Foodie Box website through a mobile device. The site is not fully mobile optimised, and some critical actions did not perform well. It gives users a frustrating experience and lowers their chance to convert those visits.
- Inconsistency in UI components and behaviours - this might cause users confusion and challenging for the development team to maintain.
- Provide a better user experience
- Boost conversion rate
- Boost user engagement time